These days, many people are going for cosmetic procedures and surgeries that can enhance their looks by enhancing individual features like lips, eyes, eyebrows, jawline and smile.
One of the most commonly opted for procedure which can help boost the looks and make someone look more attractive is lip augmentation or lip fillers. This is a method in which dermal fillers are injected into your lips and the area around them to improve the volume of the lips and to make them look fuller.
Lip fillers are often made up of substances that are similar to hyaluronic acid which is a naturally existing substance present in our bodies. There are both permanent and semi-permanent lip filler treatments available and it is upto you which to go for. But inspite of their visible benefits, are such procedures or products really worth it? Let’s find out.
- Hyaluronic acid can improve the way your lips look by improving their volume, shape and structure. The effect can last for a period of upto 6 months and can make you look extremely attractive.
- Inspite of the many benefits of lip fillers, there are many side effects and risks too involved with this method. You need to make sure that none of the ingredients present are harmful before going for the treatment.
Side Effects of Lip Fillers:
- Bleeding from the site of injection may take place.
- Bruising and swelling may happen and may remain for a few days.
- There may be a certain tenderness and redness caused at the site of injection.
- Some of the more serious side effect of this treatment includes infection and appearance of lumps and irregularities in the lips.
- The procedure can also cause lip asymmetry and may also lead to severe and prolonged swelling or bruising which can last for about 10 days.
- Another serious side effect includes scarring and stiffening of the lips.
- Allergic reaction may also take place which can lead to redness, swelling and even itching around the lips and the mouth.
Cost of Lip Fillers
In most of the cases, the cost of the entire treatment can be between $500 and $2000. So depending upon how much you can spend, you can choose the type or quality of the lip fillers. Most insurance plans do not cover this procedure and hence you may need to decide whether it is worth it or not.