- 9 Eco-Friendly Fashion-Forward FootwearPosted 150 days ago
- 10 Ways to Dress Like a Celebrity on a Recession BudgetPosted 158 days ago
- 16 Most Fashionable Clutch PursesPosted 158 days ago
- Top 8 Most Famous Fashion Designers Of The WorldPosted 158 days ago
- Shop Confidently Using The Top 12 Best Shopping BagsPosted 160 days ago
- Top 10 Must-Have Wardrobe Essentials and 10 Beauty Wise BuysPosted 166 days ago
- New Fashion Trends That Are a “Must Have” for Fashionistas’ This SeasonPosted 221 days ago
- 50 Women’s Fashion Hats To Fall In Love WithPosted 1007 days ago
- Top 50 Celebrity Fashionistas Vs Iconic Fashion ModelsPosted 1118 days ago
6 Top Manicure Trends for Fall 2012
Luscious lacquer is the latest trend for fall this year. When thinking nail color, go for dark and deep or contrasting light and neutral shades this fall. Leather nails and pop-art the trending nail designs this season. So here are the latest in nail fashion on stands for you.
Classic dark shades such as midnight blue and burgundy were the ones that were most picked by manicurists in the fashion weeks this season. Manicure trends are simple with short square nails, two layers of the nail color and a dash of the glossy top coat.
Shades of cream, white and soft gold are definitely on the other end of the spectrum from the dark hues. They come as a contrast to the dark shades of the fall. They accentuate the colors of fur and leather coats and stand out in stark contrast. Other softer shades that are popular this season are: marshmallow and the faded terracotta shades. These have never been this popular, but the designers at the ramp are going gaga over the rediscovery of soft lacquers.
French manicure is the most revered in the world of manicure. Nail boutiques are going for a dramatic change in both color and design trends. The trend is to keep the base of the nails muted like in a French manicure and highlight the tips with dark colors – red, black, blue etc. or lace textures in black and silver for flashier looks.
Bold colors are also trending in the world of nail art. Leather textures imprinted in dark grays, intricate prints in electric blues and rainbow brights in dual shades are the hottest patterns and hues apt for the fall.
Chequered prints in the metallic shades are another trend in nail art this season. Try applying complementary shades on each nail. Two alternating shades or one each on each of the nails can give an interesting look to your outfit.
Adding nail shimmers to nude shades is a trend that is picking up faster than we thought. When artfully done, shimmers look great for partying and night life. They add bling to the subdued colors of the fall.
photo credit: (beautyblitz.com)