- 9 Eco-Friendly Fashion-Forward FootwearPosted 150 days ago
- 10 Ways to Dress Like a Celebrity on a Recession BudgetPosted 159 days ago
- 16 Most Fashionable Clutch PursesPosted 159 days ago
- Top 8 Most Famous Fashion Designers Of The WorldPosted 159 days ago
- Shop Confidently Using The Top 12 Best Shopping BagsPosted 161 days ago
- Top 10 Must-Have Wardrobe Essentials and 10 Beauty Wise BuysPosted 167 days ago
- New Fashion Trends That Are a “Must Have” for Fashionistas’ This SeasonPosted 222 days ago
- 50 Women’s Fashion Hats To Fall In Love WithPosted 1008 days ago
- Top 50 Celebrity Fashionistas Vs Iconic Fashion ModelsPosted 1118 days ago
Top Trends of New York Fashion Week 2013
The recently concluded Spring Edition of the New York Fashion week displayed the latest trends in the Fashion world. Here are the top designs that are expected to trend the fashion scenes during next spring.
Styles from the subcontinent
A lot of spring fashion is influenced by the tropical countries of the subcontinent. Indian prints such as paisleys, block prints, tie and die, batik and brocade work have been used extensively by designers for this season. Flowing gowns, kaftans, frocks and LBDs are a part of the collection.
Fashion for the ball
Spring is a good time to celebrate and ball gowns are a must for your wardrobes. Scarlet continues to rule the ball gown trends. Fresh patterns were seen in the pastel shades with the use of lace to complement the hues and blooms of the season. Shades of tangerine embellished with delicate use of sequins added glitter and glam to the ramp.
From slight to short, cropped tops are the newest in women’s fashion in spring, this year. Not only casual and street wear, but also party gowns were designed and paired with crop tops of varying lengths. We particularly like the black crop top paired with a transparent rain gear and a trendy skirt, designed by Charlotte Ronson.
Talking of spring fashion and no mention of the blooms sounds very improbable. From J. Crew to Alice & Olivia, every designer had something in floral prints this year. Be it evening wear, occasional wear or casual wear, all of them exhibited different combinations of floral prints. Roses, peonies and water lilies were in abundant use. The abstract lily prints by J Mendel displayed in the flowing two piece dress that the model was wearing was something to see.
Dubbed as the must-haves for the spring next year, calf length dresses will dominate your wardrobe in the spring collection. Simple checked halter dresses to the laced evening gowns, cool prints on white to nudes and classic blacks will get you ready for the blooming season.
Full length flowing skirts in satin and chiffon will be trending the evening scene. From typical floral and leafy prints to color blocks, skirting the season will be no issue at all.
photo credit: (articles.nydailynews.com)