- 9 Eco-Friendly Fashion-Forward FootwearPosted 150 days ago
- 10 Ways to Dress Like a Celebrity on a Recession BudgetPosted 159 days ago
- 16 Most Fashionable Clutch PursesPosted 159 days ago
- Top 8 Most Famous Fashion Designers Of The WorldPosted 159 days ago
- Shop Confidently Using The Top 12 Best Shopping BagsPosted 161 days ago
- Top 10 Must-Have Wardrobe Essentials and 10 Beauty Wise BuysPosted 167 days ago
- New Fashion Trends That Are a “Must Have” for Fashionistas’ This SeasonPosted 221 days ago
- 50 Women’s Fashion Hats To Fall In Love WithPosted 1008 days ago
- Top 50 Celebrity Fashionistas Vs Iconic Fashion ModelsPosted 1118 days ago
Top Trends to Rule the 2012 Summer Wear
Summer is the time when fashion seems to be the most important. This is the time to show off your body and it is also important to show some skin. During this period, it is a must to follow all the major trends but you should keep in mind to create a style that is specific for you.
When it comes to the tops this summer, the shorter they are the better. While last year the long and flowing blouses were on top of the trends, this summer there is need for less fabric. All the major designers presented such blouses in their collections, paired with maxi skirts.
Such designers include Miu Miu, Prada, and Emilio Pucci. The main point is to play with proportions and to have a nice contrast.
The floral patterns have been considered trendy for quite some time now. While in the past the favorites were the small flowers on paste backgrounds, this year there is a switch. In this case, the florals are mixed with other kinds of patterns and matched with bold colors. This trend was seen in case of the collections of DKNY, Dries Van Noten, and Christopher Kane.
If you would like to have some cool new additions to your wardrobe, consider lavender, mint green, baby blue and cotton candy pink. The floral patterns are getting brighter and the solid colors become softer. During the spring, the runways were taken over by pastel colors. This color wheel was the favorite of Givenchy, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.
Keep in mind that fashion is cyclical and designers often get inspired by the trends of the past. One of the most important eras was the 1920s. This was marked by the flapper dresses and the cloche hats. Many of the designers got inspiration from the look of this era. This signature style can be seen in case of the collections of Ralph Lauren, Gucci and Alberta Ferretti.
Glimmer and shine
If you aren’t really into pastels and you are looking for something that would make you stand out in a crowd, consider this trend. Look for shiny fabrics, metallic and jewel tones. These will help you turn your outfit into a statement outfit. Clothes and accessories of this kind are offered by Marc Jacobs, Giorgio Armani, and Prabal Gurung.
(photos credit: collegelifestyles.org)