- 9 Eco-Friendly Fashion-Forward FootwearPosted 150 days ago
- 10 Ways to Dress Like a Celebrity on a Recession BudgetPosted 158 days ago
- 16 Most Fashionable Clutch PursesPosted 158 days ago
- Top 8 Most Famous Fashion Designers Of The WorldPosted 158 days ago
- Shop Confidently Using The Top 12 Best Shopping BagsPosted 160 days ago
- Top 10 Must-Have Wardrobe Essentials and 10 Beauty Wise BuysPosted 166 days ago
- New Fashion Trends That Are a “Must Have” for Fashionistas’ This SeasonPosted 221 days ago
- 50 Women’s Fashion Hats To Fall In Love WithPosted 1007 days ago
- Top 50 Celebrity Fashionistas Vs Iconic Fashion ModelsPosted 1118 days ago
Versailles and a New Chanel Collection
While the majority of the women are preparing for the Cannes Film Festival, Karl Lagerfeld showed the world that he is always one-step ahead. He came up with a new collection that was inspired by the baroque style. The collection was presented at the Versailles Palace in the presence of numerous celebrities of the world.
According to Vanessa Paradis, this was the perfect setting for the presentation of the Chanel collection. She admired all the models presenting the clothes with tulle sleeves inspired by the 18th century.
Classic vs. modern
We also have to note that there were some modern touches that broke the nostalgic feel of the collection. These included the gold platform sneakers that added an eclectic feel to the show. Because of the elements of this kind, we can say that this was one of the funkiest Chanel shows ever. We have to admit that the target group of this collection is quite limited.
The designer targeted the wealthy women of the world who are thinking about traveling on cruise ships during the winter. Gossips say that the shows of this kind are seen as a kind of motivation in the middle of the season. They are meant to keep the industry alive in really bad economic conditions.
The show was opened by Cara Delavigne. She wore a velvety blue denim dress with an A line skirt. However, the rest of the show felt something like the answer of the designer to a baroque history lesson. The models had beauty spots, and presented bottom-heavy skirts and also floral chokers. The whole show had a feeling that took the spectators back to the days of Marie Antoinette. Naturally, the wigs couldn’t miss either and the hair bows were also present.
Bottom line and shocking combinations
We all know that the designer is a workaholic but this collection showed that he studied all the references that he could. There was one outfit that stood out from the collection. A skirt suit that was double breasted, having gold rose embroideries and a shawl collar. This look was mixed with a short tennis skirt and platforms. The widths of the shoulders and of the skirt were the same, offering a really extravagant end result.
Although this dress stood out in a way, it was also melted in into the unity of the entire collection. Overall, we can say that this is something that only Karl Lagerfeld can come up with.
(photo credit: www.vogue.co.uk)