- 9 Eco-Friendly Fashion-Forward FootwearPosted 150 days ago
- 10 Ways to Dress Like a Celebrity on a Recession BudgetPosted 159 days ago
- 16 Most Fashionable Clutch PursesPosted 159 days ago
- Top 8 Most Famous Fashion Designers Of The WorldPosted 159 days ago
- Shop Confidently Using The Top 12 Best Shopping BagsPosted 161 days ago
- Top 10 Must-Have Wardrobe Essentials and 10 Beauty Wise BuysPosted 167 days ago
- New Fashion Trends That Are a “Must Have” for Fashionistas’ This SeasonPosted 221 days ago
- 50 Women’s Fashion Hats To Fall In Love WithPosted 1008 days ago
- Top 50 Celebrity Fashionistas Vs Iconic Fashion ModelsPosted 1118 days ago
LA Fashion Week Can’t Compete With NY Fashion Week
Los Angeles may be the hub of everything film related, but when it comes to Fashion Weeks, it can’t quite keep up with its East Coast counterpart.
Sure it is an event held twice a year, but the so called ‘designers’ featured there seem to be socialites and reality TV celebs moonlighting as (or do we mean impersonating?) designers.
We all know that Paris Hilton and her pet pooch photograph really well and that both have the personal style to grace the tabloids, but really as a designer? Well, not so much.
It would seem that designers are just not that interested in the LA Fashion Week. Quite frankly the New York Fashion week outclasses the LA Fashion Week and designers are not finding it worth their while speaking in terms of the bottom line. And we aren’t talking hemlines here!
The reason perhaps is that LA is more concerned with wearing couture than creating it, and the Wall Street Journal reported that the LA Fashion Week may well become history soon.
An attempt is being made to rekindle the fast fading interest in the event by the likes of Doris Raymond and Tarina Tarantino which does not seem to be striking the right notes. So if the prognosis is accurate, the LA Fashion week will soon be history.