Hong Kong Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2010

By on July 7, 2009
1.1K Flares 1.1K Flares ×

The 16 th Hong Kong Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2010, organised by HKTDC, will be staged from July 6 th to 9 th 2009 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC).

The fair will showcase newest designs from Mainland China and Asia arranged into special product-specific zones.

In the pictures below, we can see the talent of these designers. High fashion at affordable prices is a win win deal for all.

Here are some stunning photos taken at this event.

hong kong fashion week10

hong kong fashion week8hong kong fashion week9hong kong fashion week11hong kong fashion week1

hong kong fashion week2hong kong fashion week3hong kong fashion week4hong kong fashion week5hong kong fashion week6hong kong fashion week7hong kong fashion week12hong kong fashion week14hong kong fashion week15

hong kong fashion week17

(Photos by Victor Fraile / Getty Images /zimbio.com)

19 Comments

1. Marketing_Secret_Sauce

July 7, 2009 at 10:40 pm

The weird thing is that I like most of them. They would not look as nice on me though!

2. Johnny Mack

July 8, 2009 at 12:25 am

You have GOT to be kidding me. Those are some of the stupidest looking outfits I have EVER seen!

RT

3. Susan

July 8, 2009 at 12:26 am

Some of these can be really pretty like the fourth one from the bottom up but the others are just bizarre

4. Chris

July 8, 2009 at 12:41 am

Whoever thought most of the above half was fashionable needs to be shot.

5. Television Spy

July 8, 2009 at 12:44 am

Some of those are apt to give me nightmares. Fashion shouldn’t be that scary.

6. JR

July 8, 2009 at 4:50 am

all of these outfits look ridiculious

7. ThinktankEmpire

July 8, 2009 at 7:11 am

This is without a doubt the stupidest stuff i have ever seen.

What a waste of time, money, a pretty models.

I give up.

ugh.

8. nate

July 8, 2009 at 8:57 am

here’s what you need to understand about runway fashion. these are not meant to be functional, these are wearable sculpture, pieces of art. They are not marketing these to be sold at American Eagle.
    If you don’t appreciate it as a piece of art, well that’s alright, but very likely you are not familiar with the nuances of this particular art form, you wouldn’t be able to understand the intense amount of craft and thought that went into making these pieces.
    This is not a bash on you or what you like; my brother does sound engineering and gets totally excited talking about acoustics, it’s all completely over my head but he loves the stuff. Different stroked for different folks!

• AW

July 10, 2009 at 12:53 am

so ok where is someone gonna wear them to huh, i mean come on i dont even think u can sit in these things, what r they gonna do, stand all day like a statue? or r they gonna mount it on the wall?

9. Alboma

July 8, 2009 at 9:07 am

Ugly. Both for fashion and models.

10. luv2dance4u

July 8, 2009 at 9:26 am

I somewhat disagree with most of the negative comments regarding the fashion fantasy. BUT fashion is art and it’s all about the eye of the beholder. It’s suppose to be controversial, so please if you are going to make a comment like “..looks ridiculous..” “..some of the stupidest looking outfits..”, try putting some more *thought* into making a comment and let the world know what you find so appalling with this fashion/art instead of using such short comments, try to be a little bit more articulate….. :S

11. Chris789

July 8, 2009 at 10:52 am

I do not understand fashion shows at all. They wear the most ridiculous pieces of clothing ever. lots of it seems to be unwearable in a real life situation.

12. P Kumar

July 8, 2009 at 7:41 pm

it is stupidity fashion. female models covering the entire face look like an art exhibition of painting

13. Adventura1951

July 9, 2009 at 4:13 am

I like alot of these too. I don’t think I would wear them anywhere but, they are great art forms. A couple are wearable art. If I were a movie star and up for an award.

14. Susan

July 9, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Although we’re called ShopCurious, we haven’t seen anything quite as curious as this on the catwalk.

15. Charles

July 9, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Pretty cool post. I just found your blog and wanted to say
    that I have really liked browsing your posts. Anyway
    I’ll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon!

16. Archana

July 13, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I love the thought presented overhear. Just a new dimension to the clothing… Catwalk / fashion show is not just ready to wear… it is more original thought what we designer get inspired with… One will never find these outfits /Accessories in street but fresh look comes only with these types of experiments in fashion …. I really appreciate the efforts …

17. Alex

November 14, 2009 at 4:38 am

Hi!. Thanks for the blog. I’ve been digging around looking some info up for shool, but there is so much out there. Yahoo lead me here – good for you i suppose! Keep up the great information. I will be coming back over here in a few days to see if there is any more info.

18. abercrombie coats

February 11, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I work at Abercrombie and Fitch and I know that their coats and jackets usually go on sale around and after Christmas time. A $150 coat went down to $50 last year. The only reason some people might not see them is because they dont have all of their clearance items out on the floor since they are promoting their new stuff after Christmas